Since 2013, NPower has served the North Texas region with The Community Corps and Technology Service Corps. Each of our programs have made a real impact in the local community and we are growing.
An estimated 300,000 service members including Guard and Reserves will leave the military each year over the next five years. NPower is committed to building brighter futures for military veterans by providing access and opportunity to tech skills to help them achieve their potential.
We do this by providing free technology and professional skills training through our Technology Service Corps program. The program includes technical classes, mentoring from business leaders, internships and career development workshops at leading corporations and nonprofits, industry-recognized certifications as well as employment and alumni services. More than 80% of our alumni are employed or pursuing higher education within one year of graduation.
Technology Service Corps: Veterans
Students participate in an extensive 20-week program that includes detailed classroom work, professional mentoring, internship and job placement support. We're thrilled to partner with the Dallas County Community College District (DCCCD) to deliver the Technology Service Corps program in Texas.
- Successful applicants must be individuals serving in the military or honorably
- Graduates are required to successfully complete all the course work, including a seven week internship.
Symantec Cyber Career Connection (SC3): Veterans
Currently in the United States, nearly 300,000 cybersecurity jobs are unfilled. An estimated 20% of those jobs could be filled by candidates without a four year college degree, but with the right mix of education, certifications and training they can be prepared for entry-level roles.
SC3 has been expanded to North Texas after the success seen in the NYC program.
- 12 week paid apprenticeship with possibility of hire
- Receive free technology training
- $250 per week and transportation stipend
- Opportunity to sit for Network+, Security+ and Linux + certification exams
- Enhance your resume
- Gain exposure and network in the Cyber industry
- A+ Certified or 2 years or more technology experience, or college degree
- Available September 2015-April 2016
- 26 week commitment (14 week course, 12 week paid apprenticeship with possibility of hire)
- Background check
- Successful completion of application process
- Veteran currently serving in the military or honorably discharged
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TechCareer Accelerator: Veterans
Professionals with experience working in Software as a Service (“SaaS”) platforms are the most in-demand technologists in the industry today. NPower’s new TechCareer Accelerator training will help you launch your SaaS career.
- Free training to learn fundamental admin and configuration tasks to obtain ITIL and ServiceNow Admin certifications
- Interview with Fortune 500 and other leading employers
- Network with industry professionals
- Professional, career and office skills training
- Transportation vouchers
- Free refreshments & snacks during class
For more information visit our TechCareer Accelerator Program Page or contact:
North Texas Partners
- Capital One
- JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Network Program Partner
- Dallas Community College District
- Blackstone Charitable Foundation
- Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation
- Hillcrest Foundation
- King Foundation
- ORIX Foundation
- Prudential Foundation
- Sid W. Richardson Foundation
- Swords to Plowshares
- United Way of Metropolitan Dallas
NPower North Texas - Technology Service Corps Program
Dallas County Community College El Centro Community College
Bill J. Priest Institute for Economic Development
1402 Corinth Street, Suite 147
Dallas, Texas 75215
NPower North Texas - NPower Cybersecurity Program
Dallas County Community College El Centro Community College (West Campus)
3330 North Hampton St.
Dallas, Texas 75212
NPower North Texas - NPower TechCareer Accelerator Program
2401 Scott Avenue
Fort Worth, Texas