NPower offers FREE accelerated training programs to young adults and veterans who are seeking more advanced IT training.
Cybersecurity is an advanced training course designed for students who are ready to move beyond the basics of IT and tackle more rigorous security specialties. This program includes:
- 18-week, part time online instruction
- Opportunity to earn industry-recognized, in-demand CompTIA Security+ certification
- Mentoring from senior level cybersecurity professionals and program alumni
- Career development workshops
- Job placement assistance with access to a wide range of top employers
- Opportunity to earn Cybersecurity Support Technician credential (in TX and NJ)*
- A range of social service and personal development support
- Access to an elite, supportive alumni network
*U.S. Department of Labor recognition; availability varies by region.
Program Eligibility: Must be an NPower alumnus in good standing, over 21 years of age, CompTIA A+ certified, and have 2+ years of technology experience or a college degree and be willing to submit to a background check and drug test.
This program is available to all NPower alumni residing in any of the NPower locations served (NY, NJ, CA, MI, MO, TX, MD).
Applications are considered on a rolling basis until the class is filled.
The curriculum for this program includes a NetAcad learning module courtesy of the Cisco Networking Academy.
Our graduates are trained and qualified for middle-skill job roles
Information Security Analyst, NBCUniversal Media
Cybersecurity Support Technician Apprentice
Security Operations Engineer, Morgan Stanley
Security Operations Associate, KPMG