National Virtual Mentoring Program
The Mentoring Effect
Individuals who have a mentor are more likely to obtain leadership roles, to volunteer in their community, and to have better professional outcomes.
BECOME A MENTOR
NPowerMATCH mentors will commit to a 22-week pairing with monthly interactions with monthly interactions as part of NPower’s National Virtual Mentoring Program.
The NPowerMATCH online platform is a dedicated communication resource providing weekly guided discussion topics and virtual coaching sessions. Mentoring areas of focus include: career readiness, professional personal branding, leadership skills, financial education, ethical self-promotion, critical-thinking skills, problem-solving skills, verbal and written communication, and “soft skills” development.
Previous mentoring experience is not necessary, our team will get you up to speed and ready to mentor!
- One cycle (22-week) commitment
- 1-2 hours per month on the NPowerMatch engagement and learning platform
- A minimum of 1 hour per month for video chats
- Interest in technical/digital careers preferred but not required. No specific field of expertise needed
- At least three years of professional experience or NPower alumni with at least one year of work experience
- Internet to access NPowerMATCH portal and video conference capabilities
- Interest in supporting underrepresented populations; ability to offer advice without judgement
- Sincere desire to be a developer of people; proven ability to be consistent and reliable
- Proactive communication and correspondence; strong listening and writing skills
- Holds self and others to high standards and expectations
HOW TO BECOME A MENTOR
Prospective mentors will complete an online application (approximately 10 minutes)
30 minute 1:1 interview occurs to further screen applicants for commitment, consistency, and fit
Selected mentors will attend an orientation, receive preparation materials, and a point of contact for troubleshooting
Pairings are matched based on results of the application algorithm; pairs are ready to be matched a month before the program begins.
Next Mentoring Cycle Begins February 2023
Apply early for these in-demand opportunities!
How to Apply
Launch the App or Sign in on Web
Enter access code when prompted: 36cccc
Create Username and Password
Register an Account
Complete application questions
NPowerMatch Mentor Information Session
For more information: